Terms April 27 2022
Confidentiality about project details that are not already widely known shall be upheld by all parties involved.
If not otherwise agreed in writing…
Complain within five working days
If the client have not complained, a project shall be considered approved and an invoice will be sent five (5) business days after the delivery of a recording.
Terms for script changes
An order for a new recording placed within five (5) business days after delivery of the previous recording due to text edits of the original manuscript and/or new instructions about performance and pronunciations will be charged up to 50% of the original production cost.
Such an order placed five (5) business after delivery of the previous recording can be considered a new project.
Terms for my mistakes
An order for a new recording of the original manuscript due to how the previously delivered recording sounds is performed free of charge within five (5) business days after the delivery of a recording.
After five (5) business days, up to 50% of the original production cost may be charged.
We discuss the project online and/or via email. The emails shall constitute our binding agreement concerning the use, delivery, payment terms, file formats, cutting and filtering etc of the recording. A written agreement can be drawn up if necessary.
I, Nils Östergren, am the sole legal owner of the copyright of the recording. You pay for your, or an end client’s, right to use it in an agreed format, in agreed media and for an agreed period of time. Therefore you can be held responsible if the recording is used by you or an end client in any other way than agreed upon.
Use of the recording in any other way than agreed upon requires a new negotiation and a new agreement.
Payment is due within 30 days from the date of the invoice. Large projects for a new client may require a payment of 25-50% upfront.
Disputes shall be finally settled under Swedish law at a general court in Sweden.
Fulfillment of my part of any given deal requires directions about style etc and answers to the following questions:
• How shall any unusual words/names be pronounced?
• Who is the end client?
• How many words are there in the manuscript?
• What is the end product(s) (in what will the recording be used)? *
• Where will the audio be published/used (media/platforms)? *
• For how long will the recording be used/public? *
• How many views/impressions do you anticipate it will receive?
• Will there be a need to synchronize the recording to time codes in the manuscript?
• Will there be a need to lip sync the recording?
• In what format must the recording be delivered?
• Will you require the recording to be split up in several individually named files? How many?
• Will you require processing of the audio?
• What is your business adress and – if it is within the European Union (EU) – your Value Added Tax (VAT) number?
* Note that even if you are ordering a recording that will be used/published by someone else, you are always responsible for how the recording is used.