The studio is acousticly treated and equipped for production of top quality voice recordings of all kinds. The signal chain is kept as short and uncomplicated as possible to minimize the risk for unwanted noise and technical interruptions.
Neumann TLM 103 and Sennheiser ME 64 microphones
Yamaha AG03 and Apogee One interfaces
Mac Mini, Macbook Pro and iPad digital platforms
250/50 Mbit/s Internet cable connection
Listen and direct my recordings online via the service of your choise – anything from for example a phone, Facebook Messenger and Skype to pro services like SourceConnect-NOW, ipDTL (ISDN-bridging), SessionLinkPro, Zoom and more.
This badge ensures that the studio, equipment and my technical performance has been scrutinised and approved within the Technical Studio Approval Program offered to the professional members of World-Voices Organization, WoVO.
In order to obtain WoVO approval, a candidate must demonstrate basic knowledge of:
Studio Construction: Understand the correct materials and the process of creating a personal studio
Acoustical Properties: Understand the acoustical properties of their personal studio
Audio Chain and Equipment: Understand the proper use of audio equipment in an audio chain
Microphone Technique: Demonstrate proper microphone technique
The candidate is tested on:
– Recording and recording levels
– Microphone technique
Submitted audio files are scrutinised for:
– Absence of plosives
– Proper proximity / placement
– Does the microphone suit the candidate’s voice?
– Is there headphone leakage, ground loops, ambient noise?
– Range of -6 to -4dB peak
– Minimal observable room reaction; bass reflex
– Minimal noise floor: -55 to -45 dBfs, peak
– Level reflectivity, room-size based reflection, bass reflex
– “Clarity” of audio: Is the audio “muddy” or overdriven?